Author Topic: The First Month  (Read 804 times)

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
The First Month
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:00:13 AM »
This first month has been quite the learning curve regarding van dwelling.  I've learned that once you have things one way you'll find more efficient ways to do them another way.  I've changed storage options and locations at least a dozen times now, found out I need less things than I originally thought and downsized several more times from there because I just didn't need the crap in the van.

One thing I can't be without is a toilet so I'm using a 5 gallon bucket and a Luggable Loo toilet seat made for buckets.  When it's pouring rain out it is very handy to have.

I also couldn't make it without at least a small cooler to keep my pets food in.  No nasty dry food for my herd but the ice purchases are adding up quickly.

I also sold my RV so now I'm in the process of shopping for a new set of wheels.  Unfortunately I have to replace my daily driver first so I'm trying to locate a class B camper van and have a little of both worlds in one vehicle.

Another recent change is I am no longer staying at the church parking lot so I lost access to kitchen and wifi.  I'm now staying in an RV park but until they find affordable wifi they are doing without so I'm at the mercy of having time to set up at the local library and use theirs.  I definitely want to have a home space.

More to come...
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
Re: The First Month
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »
I'm trying to figure out a comfortable arrangement for using my craptop in the van.  I'm finding that the most convenient set up will require a folding chair so I've been watching Goodwill.  I think I will head over to St. Vincent DePaul and check out what they have as well.  I also need a folding table for when the weather is decent so I can wash dishes.  Decent weather has been a rarity since the end of August.  You can't imagine how desperate I am for even just a few days of sunlight.
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

Re: The First Month
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »
My Daughter uses a 5 gallon as a toilet in her van when camping. Works great until someone tips it over. She will never let her friend forget about that...lol