Author Topic: Weekends  (Read 8946 times)

Offline tired old man

Re: Weekends
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
It took me some time to figure out how to program the radio using my computer. But I got it. Using the repeater I get a easy 50 mile range on 5 to 10 watts. So far so good.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
I'm poison.  KN4DDT. Now I get to test the range.

LOL grats!  I hope you have been enjoying it and my apologies for such a slow reply.  My internet access has been little as of late(too busy!).  It would be nice to see how the skip is here to see if I could buzz you once in awhile when it's going good.  *If* it goes down your way.
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
As long as you are still doing good no problem. I hope you are able to get a better internet connection.
My radio is VHF and UHF. An HF radio would be better for skip and long range.But for $25 the 5 watt hand held along with a $25 J pole roll up antenna is a good start.
Always happy to see you posting.

Offline tired old man

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
Six months into my retirement.
If I don't have to get up in the morning, I'll sleep all day. Granted I stayed up all night watching Netflix. I'm starting to think I might be a night owl...

The song Digging Up Bones.....
An old girlfriend showed up few months ago. When she broke up with me she said she wanted to go back to just being friends. Life moved on and she got married. Twenty years later her husband died. And then one of her Daughters. She was in need of and looking for a friend.
I spent those last twenty years working my ass off. Sixty plus hours, six days  a week. Life happened. My Mother died. I watched my Sister fight cancer only to lose the battle. I understand what it is to lose someone you love.
I can be your friend. But I can't be anything more than that. I've spent the last twenty years....Leaning about myself. I love the life I have. The hardest part I hard to learn was the difference between love and lust. I was no longer in love with her. Was I ever in Love with her ? Like I told her, I can be a friend. I might be crazy but I think she is looking for more than that. So how do I be just a Friend without hurting her?
It sucks getting old. My Brother in law, who was my big Brother growing up passed away yesterday. I lost my big Brother. I can't ask him what to do about an old love I am no longer in love with without hurting her. He always had an answer........

Offline tired old man

« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »
The funeral was today. I said good bye to my Brother In Law. And as a big Brother he answered my question. Just be who you are. A friend. She will understand it in time.

The two most important days in your life are when you are born and the day you find out why.
Mark Twain