Author Topic: North Korea  (Read 269 times)

Offline tired old man

North Korea
« on: April 16, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »
I remember people saying an attack on Iraq would be the end of the world. Thirty plus years later that war is still being fought. Even at the age of seven I can remember my Fathers concern over the Cuban missile thing. This could be the last war man fights.....
Saddam had his ass handed to him in the first gulf war. The second war cost him his life. He didn't have nukes. Now it is starting to seem as if we might attack a Country with nukes. I use to hope "MAD" would keep the world safe from a Nuclear war.
I'm not saying who is right or wrong. Each side calls the other a madman. This could lead to the first ( Last ?) Nuclear War. I see it as being the first. I also see the end of Korea.
Both sides have drawn a line in the sand. For years one side has always backed down. Mutual Assured Destruction is not in play here. A Nuclear war will happen sometime in the future........

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
Re: North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
NK is able to get away with the chest thumping because their neighbors to the north are reluctant to step in, even though China has stated often enough that they didn't like the threats coming from NK.  Until China poses a real threat to NK, Un is going to keep mouthing off.  He's been flippant to us because of distance.  With todays surveillance anyone from anywhere can see whatever is going on.  However, with as much military might as China has and with as quickly as they can move it in, NK isn't going to fuck with a viable threat from them.
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch