Author Topic: 1992 E350 aka Money Pit  (Read 324 times)

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
1992 E350 aka Money Pit
« on: April 12, 2017, 02:50:38 PM »
Just posting this thread up as a reminder.  I have been taking pics of the work I've been doing and getting done on it and will get them up when I can but for now here's some with the specs:

1992 E350 Club Wagon Extended
5.8l otherwise know as a 351 Windsor to us old folks

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:59:19 PM by MeBeAdmin »
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
Re: 1992 E350 aka Money Pit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »
If it looks a bit wrinkly there on the passenger side that's because it and another object met at some point.  The barn door hinges are bent and the top corners of the doors meet when closed.  I'm sure water is getting in up there as they don't seal up tight but I haven't actually seen evidence yet.  I'm not in a hurry to find out although so far no rain has gotten in and it was pretty windy last night.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:58:35 PM by MeBeAdmin »
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
The carpet was soaked the day I went and looked at it.  It's dried up considerable since then but no matter.  It's coming out anyway.  I've got it all bagged up now and ready for the dump.  I went to check on it this morning to see how wet things were after a night of rain and wind and it was dry.  Go figure.  It's not giving up it's secrets that easily!

I'll get the after demo pic up later.  The seats were already removed when I bought it.  YAY!

Offline tired old man

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
Fixing a leak should be no problem. You just have to find it first. Lets hope someone just left a door open last time it rained.
The van looks like it have plenty of room. Should make a nice camper.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »
Found the leaks and most of them are from non-opening windows.  I'll post more later on this with pics.  I've been busy!

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
My being busy hasn't changed but my luck may have.  I knew I was going to have problems with this van but wasn't expecting as many electrical issues as there are.  Luckily most of them don't affect driving and of the ones that do, they are transmission related which is annoying but relatively cheap and easy to fix.

A mechanic loaned me a scanner that I haven't had time to use.  I may buy one just so I don't have to pay for it to be done at a shop and can do it when I have time but finding one that is a live data scanner for something this old that had the latest updates might be difficult.

More later...