Author Topic: The indigenous Americans. European?  (Read 402 times)

Offline forumjunky

The indigenous Americans. European?
« on: March 25, 2017, 12:05:51 AM »
The indigenous Americans. European?
For years we were taught that the origins of native Americans came solely from the land bridge between Alaska and east Siberia, but in 2006 tool remains of an early race challenges this theory.

Artifacts found at Cactus Hill Virginia date back to 16,000 B.C, much earlier than the land bridge period of 13,000 years.
This group of people used tools developed in the south of France by a stone age people known as the Solutreans, whose culture vanished some 18000 years ago. Its suggested that these people were the first explorers to cross the Atlantic using skin boats, as the arctic ocean was unfrozen during the last ice age,
 This group followed the coastline of northern Europe, Greenland and eastern Canada where food sources were abundant, eventually reaching the east coast of America.

This theory is also supported by a growing body of linguistic, and physical evidence, even suggesting the Solutreans influence of the Cloves groups of western America, long before the Asian groups crossed the land bridge of Alaska.
In 1996, a 9000 year-old skeleton was discovered along the Columbia River in, and the research determined that the " Kennewick Man" was well built and had European skull features, different from the Asian remains of western America. But the debate of his origin is still going on, some suggesting his remains are from the known tribes of later Americans.

There is evidence that shows a vast difference of physical features between the east coast and west coast tribes, thus the theory that two waves of migration took place between 18000 and 10000 years ago, one from east Asia and one from the early European ice age continent.

Offline tired old man

Re: The indigenous Americans. European?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
Indigenous....... The First People.

We might have to pick a point in time................

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:30:55 AM »
Same bullshit different excuse.  While there is no doubt that early white people came here before the BS story of no one existed here until Columbus showed up it's the same damned nonsense.  Those of the Caucasian persuasion that are addicted to the immigration story are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that not every Indian nation migrated here.  It's just like the belief that the earliest people came from Africa, and somehow they were all white until black people magically took over the continent until Apartheid.

Funny that they can explain away the western and eastern seaboards and yet mysteriously they have no "cool story bro" for how the Plains Nations got there.  Or how we were using tools and trade routes long before any pale face showed up here. 

Yep, let's continue to perpetuate the myth that people of color were stupid and only white people could teach them how to use tools.

Sorry FJ.  Nothing against you but this kind of European historical superiority while ignoring our tribal histories really chaps my ass.  It's just another in a long line of attempts to rewrite our history and make us less significant.
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline forumjunky

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:19:35 PM »
WTF you turn this into race war?  it has fuck all to do with color!  proto european man was still retaining Neanderthal bloodlines !  Just because some idiots claim a white man came first, is bullshit, used by other idiots to push a racists issue.

Christ.  I'm done here.........
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:56:37 PM by forumjunky »

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
I apologize.  That is the way I read it and responded as such.  I'm under a lot of pressure and it came out in my post which was cruel and unfair to you.  I've emailed you an apology as well.
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »
On AO others got away with being racist for years but I get condemned and ignored for one angry post defending the history of my ancestors.  I did not turn it into a "race war".  I expressed anger and frustration that Indian Nations histories are marginalized yet again because someone else determines for us where we descended from despite our own knowledge about ourselves.

We have always known that "others" have visited from other countries for centuries, some have stayed and became part of the communities.

We have always known that "others" have become larger parts of our Nations than with other tribes.

Tisquantum or more popularly known as "Squanto" wasn't the only Indian that learned European language and ways and brought them back to this country.

So I apologize for how angrily I worded my post and it was not meant as a personal attack.  But I call BS that I get the cold shoulder for one post when others were allowed to get away with it for years and they did it on purpose.  Unlike them I'm defending my ancestors from having their histories rewritten and if I will not be allowed some flexibility with that then there is no more to say.  I will not accept being unfairly judged.  Again I am sorry for how angrily I worded it but I do not accept being condemned for a single instance.

Offline forumjunky

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 05:06:49 AM »
Same bullshit different excuse.  While there is no doubt that early white people came here before the BS story of no one existed here until Columbus showed up it's the same damned nonsense.  Those of the Caucasian persuasion that are addicted to the immigration story are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that not every Indian nation migrated here.  It's just like the belief that the earliest people came from Africa, and somehow they were all white until black people magically took over the continent until Apartheid.

Funny that they can explain away the western and eastern seaboards and yet mysteriously they have no "cool story bro" for how the Plains Nations got there.  Or how we were using tools and trade routes long before any pale face showed up here. 

Yep, let's continue to perpetuate the myth that people of color were stupid and only white people could teach them how to use tools.

Sorry FJ.  Nothing against you but this kind of European historical superiority while ignoring our tribal histories really chaps my ass.  It's just another in a long line of attempts to rewrite our history and make us less significant.

READ your post, you make reference to WHITE people, and color, as well as me perpetuating a myth that only WHITE people could teach people to make tools. DO you see how one sided your statement is, even down right racist on your part, and that crap about European superiority !!!   and attempts rewrite history !!!  READ what kind of people existed 20000 years ago, there wasn't any distinct race origines, ( ie...white or people of color) it was two migrations from the south, one going east and one going west following the glacial edge that was in southern europe and Asia, and most retaining their Neanderthal origins !!  the absolute earliest mark of so called modern man is the cave art in the south of France, some 25000 year.   People had no distinctive color nor race formations, they were of the same root genetically.    No doubt your people of "color" crossed the land bridge some 14000 years ago, nobody questions that fact, likewise that people ( color optional)  migrated the northern arctic as well, thus the Sami and Greenland groups..... these people moved along the open sea... and hunted game westward... the same people that went east.....your people.   

What pissed me off most here, is your hot headed jump the gun attitude, giving me "0" credit for understanding, get it?

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 12:56:08 PM »
Great.  Just great.  More junk science.  Sorry I missed the insults here.

That land bridge theory is a MYTH and Mohawk winter counts(among others) predate that MYTH! Warrior for our people Professor Vine De Loria Jr's book "Red Earth, White Lies" has a very good chapter about the land bridge theory among other things that dominant culture uses to minimize our existence.  Don't blame me for the title but you can't touch anthropology let alone Indian anthro without knowing this guy because his earlier critiques changed the field.  "Metaphysics of Modern Existence" and "God is Red" are also good reads.

"At the Ceno-Catastrophism convention in Portland a year ago, Deloria said that he had been researching a major project, a compendium of Indian oral traditions and folklore. He said that for many years, he had been out speaking with nearly every chief, shaman, medicine man, storyteller, and keeper of oral traditions of nearly every tribe in North America. He noted the extent to which virtually every one of these tribes retained descriptions of pliestocene megafauna and, more often than not, dinosaurs. If any of that is true, than much of what scientists think they know about the history of our Earth is certainly wrong." Ted Holden, The Emerging Science of Catastropism.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/opinions/more-reasons-to-doubt-the-bering-strait-migration-theory/

Remember all that talk about facets of climate change being a "religion"?  Well anthros aren't immune from it either:

Bering Strait Theory, Pt. 3: The Theory Becomes a Religious Crusade

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/indigenous-peoples/bering-strait-theory-pt-3-the-theory-becomes-a-religious-crusade/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ice-free-corridor-north-americans-1.3715397

Maybe some of you don't question that land bridge BS but many others do, especially Indians that have an active interest in our history.  Oh I most certainly "get it" but don't get mad at me that I won't accept our real history being forced to take a back seat to myths.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:01:43 PM by MeBeAdmin »

Offline forumjunky

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
Right...The Pleistocene Epoch is typically defined as the time period that began about 1.8 million years ago and lasted until about 11,700 years ago. The most recent Ice Age occurred then, as glaciers covered the northern hemisphere for 100,000 years , making human migration above the 32 latitude a no no... but you will probably call that junk science as well.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
If it weren't for some of the winter counts going back over 30k years I likely wouldn't consider it "junk" science but very few anthros bother to ask.  Most of them prefer to keep us in the "objects to study" section rather than considering that we are human beings that know where we came from.

We are not objects to theorize about we are people who protect our history and dignity.  Most of us originated here despite the myths.  Maybe someday science will catch up with us.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:07:25 PM by MeBeAdmin »

Offline forumjunky

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »
Do you consider the Pleistocene die off as junk science?  scorched earth from California to the Carolinas with little left of life over 25kg.