Author Topic: electric bike carbon frame  (Read 332 times)

Offline forumjunky

electric bike carbon frame
« on: February 26, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »
Well I sold the bike I posted about some time back, and invested in what will become the future of inner city transport. Its a Dutch/Asian product with multi-national components, Japan carbon frame molding, Dutch/Asian electric modulus. A bit pricey, but bullet proof, with little left of what we call a bicycle. The peddles still exist, but more or less a mock fixture to circumnavigate local laws, also a Bluetooth app that allows switching the power mode to "legal"  in other words it drops the wattage to 250 ( the set standard for most of the world), rather than the extreme 3000W capacity.

The Sparta/Denzel 3000W. 72V-25amp is a carbon based construction using the sanyos Ion series battery configuration, and a sine wave controller with built in thermostat that eliminates fire risk.  At present this bike will exceed 85kph speed, and an unassisted (non pedal) distance of 70km, not bad.... and a reload time of 3 hours.

Some specs:
Frame: carbon, 72V 3000W rated power motor, maximum output 5000W
Sine Wave controller Kelly KLS 7218S,
Front Fork Denzel, Rear shock DNM AV-22,
Hydraulic brake Denzel (Taiwan) with 203 mm discs (Bracko, Taiwan),
Fairing with LED day lights, LED head lamp, Rear lamp, Rear stop lamp, Lithium Battery (SANYO):  72V 25 Ah, Front HUB (Denzel-Taiwan),
Strong bicycle type rim 24”, Tire 24”x3” (denzel),
speedometer, plastic cover set, motorcycle seat,
wireless access key with alarm.

excellent Info web page: https://vimeo.com/193149459  ( cut the Gary Moore like audio....lol)  its english text.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:16:35 AM by forumjunky »

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
Re: electric bike carbon frame
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
That's pretty slick!  How much did that set you back?

See?  I knew you'd find some new machinery to play with!
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »
The U.S. is always behind the times when it comes to transportation technology.  Take the rail for instance...

How long before you are chomping at the bit?  lol
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
Nice E bike. I like looking any thing with a battery as having a double use. If I read it correctly the battery is 72vdc 25 ah. That's 1800 watt hours. While you can drain lithium batteries all the way I wound stop at 80 % That still gives you 1440 watt hours. You would need a 72vdc to AC inverter.  And a way to connect it to the battery.
Could be a nice emergency back up system.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:11:14 AM »
My only problem with *smallish* bikes is they haven't engineered a seat well enough that my spine will be happy.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »
Did it come in yet?  You could try a memory foam cushion on that seat.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »
Man up and get some heated gloves!   :P