Author Topic: Rats! Mice! Bugs!!!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline tired old man

Re: Rats! Mice! Bugs!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 06:27:36 PM »
So far I'm still rat free. The old saying build a better mouse trap, I think I found it. Not sure how good it would work with rats. This guy has traps from the 18-1900's and a few you can make yourself.
He also has a lot of rats and mice......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIlYiiCGLI

Offline tired old man

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »
I might have a small rat or mouse in the house. Two rat traps where tripped last night but nothing was caught. So I set up a electric zap trap. It should be abe to zap any size rodent. Lets see what happens.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »
I definitely want to know how well a zap trap works!
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 10:26:11 AM »
I am happy to say I haven't caught anything in the zap trap or any other trap recently. Are the rodents gone ? Not yet. I believe they can still climb down from the attic (inside of the wall) to get into the kitchen. Something was pulling the spray foam up and under my kitchen cabinet.
Like I said to many openings to close in this old house.......

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 08:33:47 PM »
Damn that would suck if it's rodents!  You've been putting in a good amount of work already!
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2017, 10:37:01 AM »
Damn that would suck if it's rodents!  You've been putting in a good amount of work already!

Like I said to many openings in this old house. But I have slowed them down.

The Zombie RAT!
To kill a Zombie you need a head shot. Shot them in the arm or leg and they just walk in a circle. This morning I found a rat in my house. First one in a little while.  I saw it hiding behind a chair. Broom in hard and ready to attack I moved the chair. WTF! It is a Zombie Rat. All it could do was run in a circle. My guess is the trap broke its spine. This Zombie is no longer walking.
I really need to get back under the house and close a few more openings......

Offline tired old man

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »
Looks like the Zombie rat's little brother showed up this morning. His death was quick. Like I said I need to climb under the house again.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »
Zombie rat, lol!  Hopefully they aren't after brains!  What is your cat doing, enjoying the show?

Offline tired old man

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
My cat won't eat anything unless it smells like fish. Not even Bacon ! Dumb cat...lol

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
My cat is just like that!  How's the zap traps working?

Offline tired old man

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »
So far the only thing the zapper got was a big Florida cockroach. I think the poison and old fashion rat traps work best.

Offline tired old man

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
I returned home today to see the light on the rat zapper flashing.  No rat in the trap but I could see some hair hanging down from the top of it. It might be time to change the batteries. At the same time something is still eating the rat poison.

And the war continues .......

Offline tired old man

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still reading in here but I'm back. And yes the war of the rats is still being fought. I remove any food or water ever night and that has cut back on the rats visiting. I'm even at the point of removing any poison bait. It's just another food source inviting them back. I'll still keep a couple of rat traps out but I've changed them way I bait them. Dry cat food hot glued to the trip bar. I'll let you know how it works out.
Hell I even went so far as to use tear gas/ pepper spray where they visit. It worked for a day or two. Currently trying some Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus spray. Smells better and no tears from me when using it.
I know I'll never win this war but I'll give them HELL !!!