Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DIY It! / Re: Rats! Mice! Bugs!!!
« Last post by tired old man on August 14, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still reading in here but I'm back. And yes the war of the rats is still being fought. I remove any food or water ever night and that has cut back on the rats visiting. I'm even at the point of removing any poison bait. It's just another food source inviting them back. I'll still keep a couple of rat traps out but I've changed them way I bait them. Dry cat food hot glued to the trip bar. I'll let you know how it works out.
Hell I even went so far as to use tear gas/ pepper spray where they visit. It worked for a day or two. Currently trying some Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus spray. Smells better and no tears from me when using it.
I know I'll never win this war but I'll give them HELL !!!
General Discussion / Re: The indigenous Americans. European?
« Last post by forumjunky on June 28, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »
Do you consider the Pleistocene die off as junk science?  scorched earth from California to the Carolinas with little left of life over 25kg. 
General Discussion / Re: Weekends
« Last post by tired old man on June 12, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »
The funeral was today. I said good bye to my Brother In Law. And as a big Brother he answered my question. Just be who you are. A friend. She will understand it in time.

The two most important days in your life are when you are born and the day you find out why.
Mark Twain
« Last post by tired old man on June 09, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
Six months into my retirement.
If I don't have to get up in the morning, I'll sleep all day. Granted I stayed up all night watching Netflix. I'm starting to think I might be a night owl...

The song Digging Up Bones.....
An old girlfriend showed up few months ago. When she broke up with me she said she wanted to go back to just being friends. Life moved on and she got married. Twenty years later her husband died. And then one of her Daughters. She was in need of and looking for a friend.
I spent those last twenty years working my ass off. Sixty plus hours, six days  a week. Life happened. My Mother died. I watched my Sister fight cancer only to lose the battle. I understand what it is to lose someone you love.
I can be your friend. But I can't be anything more than that. I've spent the last twenty years....Leaning about myself. I love the life I have. The hardest part I hard to learn was the difference between love and lust. I was no longer in love with her. Was I ever in Love with her ? Like I told her, I can be a friend. I might be crazy but I think she is looking for more than that. So how do I be just a Friend without hurting her?
It sucks getting old. My Brother in law, who was my big Brother growing up passed away yesterday. I lost my big Brother. I can't ask him what to do about an old love I am no longer in love with without hurting her. He always had an answer........
« Last post by tired old man on June 04, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
I returned home today to see the light on the rat zapper flashing.  No rat in the trap but I could see some hair hanging down from the top of it. It might be time to change the batteries. At the same time something is still eating the rat poison.

And the war continues .......
« Last post by tired old man on May 26, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »
So far the only thing the zapper got was a big Florida cockroach. I think the poison and old fashion rat traps work best.
« Last post by tired old man on May 26, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
As long as you are still doing good no problem. I hope you are able to get a better internet connection.
My radio is VHF and UHF. An HF radio would be better for skip and long range.But for $25 the 5 watt hand held along with a $25 J pole roll up antenna is a good start.
Always happy to see you posting.
My Mobile Blog / Re: 1992 E350 aka Money Pit
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on May 26, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
My being busy hasn't changed but my luck may have.  I knew I was going to have problems with this van but wasn't expecting as many electrical issues as there are.  Luckily most of them don't affect driving and of the ones that do, they are transmission related which is annoying but relatively cheap and easy to fix.

A mechanic loaned me a scanner that I haven't had time to use.  I may buy one just so I don't have to pay for it to be done at a shop and can do it when I have time but finding one that is a live data scanner for something this old that had the latest updates might be difficult.

More later...
General Discussion / Re: The indigenous Americans. European?
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on May 26, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
If it weren't for some of the winter counts going back over 30k years I likely wouldn't consider it "junk" science but very few anthros bother to ask.  Most of them prefer to keep us in the "objects to study" section rather than considering that we are human beings that know where we came from.

We are not objects to theorize about we are people who protect our history and dignity.  Most of us originated here despite the myths.  Maybe someday science will catch up with us.
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on May 26, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
I'm poison.  KN4DDT. Now I get to test the range.

LOL grats!  I hope you have been enjoying it and my apologies for such a slow reply.  My internet access has been little as of late(too busy!).  It would be nice to see how the skip is here to see if I could buzz you once in awhile when it's going good.  *If* it goes down your way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10