Author Topic: Creative Writing/Stories  (Read 24658 times)

Offline tired old man

Creative Writing/Stories
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:27:20 AM »
From Huckleberry Fin to a Song.
Stories, Dreams.  Imagination. Life. Creative Writing.

New Years Eve 2016.
I went to bed early. I retired from working for a living. No phone, no job.  I was no longer in a rush. I had 2017 and the rest of my life in front of me. You ever try to plan life?
Ratmageddon !
I saw A rat in my house ! And it was Big ! I did what most people would do. I put out rat poison. Die rats, Die! They ate the bait. But I don't think they died. Some rat can be immune to poison.  Little did I know Ratmageddon had started.

Rat poison or rat traps. I tried it all. I even killed a lot of them with the traps. But it didn't  matter. Every week there were more of the rats. Hey I was retired. I started a neighbor "Rat Watch" I knew I couldn't be the only one with this problem. I didn't like the answer I found. Everyone had a problem with Rats!
After doing some research I realized this wasn't normal. Okay just what is normal for rats? Usually a rat population stays about the same. Once in a while they explode in population. But then things return back to normal. Read the news. From the East Coast to the West Coast. The EU. Everywhere were stories about more rats than normal. Something was wrong.
New Years Eve 2017
One year later. One Year. It started. Reports of corp failure due to rats. A food supply shortage. And then the reports of disease. This would make the Black Plague look like a Holiday.

What can I say.