Author Topic: Weekends  (Read 50233 times)

Offline tired old man

Re: Weekends
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »
Walked out the house this morning and almost tripped and fell. I've been meaning to fix the sidewalk.

So I bought a cheap grinder. The $4 grinding disk I also bought ? I might need three of them.  Some parts of the side walk can be up a 1/4 inch. I did 5 spots today in about 2 hours.

Right after posting the photos I moved them to a different folder on photo bucket So I had to re post them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:08:18 AM by tired old man »

Offline tired old man

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
Can you use a metal cutting disk on concrete ? Yes. But it is slow as hell. But this is a big up lift in the concrete to repair.

You can see I used a motor mix to make it into a ramp. It will not trip you but it fells funny to walk over. This one will be fun to finish.

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
I guess I should change the name of this thread from weekends to Retirement.

If you want it changed just say the word!

That concrete grinding looks like quite a job!  I'll bet you'll be glad to be done with that.  Couldn't help but to look at a few other photos and stopped at this one:

http://s527.photobucket.com/user/TiredOldMan1955/media/home/concert.jpg.html

That's quite a view you have there!
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
And I still look the same :)

Offline tired old man

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
After sleeping half the day it was time to get a new grinding disk. I bypassed Northern tools and went to Habor Freight. They didn't have what I wanted. Home depot here I come. They also didn't have what I wanted. But I did get  diamond concrete cutting blade for $12. Next stop Lowes for the grinding disk.

The diamond cutting disk? GREAT! A little to great in a few spots. User error. But it sucked at smoothing the concrete. The concrete grinding disk cleaned it all up. Now I can go back to being lazy..

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »
Looks like you have that licked according to your pics!  Of course that's ignoring that I've watched your videos.
"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts” B Baruch

Offline tired old man

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »
Which video ?

Offline tired old man

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »
I amaze myself at times. I have plenty to do around the house but end up doing other things. I have a Neato robotic vacuum cleaning that has been dying over the years. I found online how to repair it. I ordered the parts and should have them in about a week. This should be fun.....

Offline tired old man

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »
I was able to get the Neato to work again today. But now it is locking up again. I did take it outside and cleaned it using a air hose. Way over due for a cleaning. I could take it apart and have it ready for when I get the parts. But I'll wait. I'll make this a one day challenge once I have the parts.

Offline tired old man

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »
Rainy day and I was bored so I took the Neato apart. Why do they always hide a couple of screws under a piece of tape ? It took me about an hour. And add 45 minutes to find the two hidden screws.

Depending on how hard it is to remove the capacitor I might just change only the bad one.

Offline tired old man

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
Not that I really know what I'm doing. I did a voltage test on the bad capacitor. Zero volts. I check a few other capacitors and they seemed OK. 14 volts dc. Removing the bad cap really wasn't that hard. Removing the solder from the holes took a few try's.

I went to school after I got out of the Army for electronic. I made better money driving for a living. Now days if it breaks you throw it away and buy a new item. But that might be good for me. My Neato cost me around $200 new. A $10 repair sounds good until you add in labor. Why pay $110 for repair when you can get the latest product for a few dollars more.
The video I watched on youtube, he bought his Neato at goodwill for $6 dollars.
I'll have to start looking at Goodwill. For the parts alone ($6) looks good to me. I might even make a new robot that will conquer the world for me. What could go wrong ????????

Offline tired old man

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2017, 03:27:18 PM »
I only changed the one capacitor. The new ones where double the size of the old one. I didn't want to chance shorting something out. So I put the Neato back together. I knew I should of taken pictures and used tape to keep the screws where they needed to be put back in. So I have 9 screws left and no place to put them. Don't laugh, it is now working. I wonder how long it will keep working ???

Offline MeBeAdmin

• Administrator
    • Me Be Like Me Are
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 11:04:02 AM »
I watched the videos on your youtube channel!

I hope your Neato stays working, that would be awesome.  I'd love to find one to annoy my cat with if anything else.

Offline tired old man

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
I went to the main Goodwill store today looking for a Neato. No luck. But I'll keep looking. My cat won't even look at the Neato.

Offline tired old man

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
I'm still amazed at things I do to avoid things I need to do. Still working on sleep. My goal now is to just go to bed early and get up early. Early ? Okay so I'm trying not to sleep in all day.

I did get up on my house roof and close an opening with some spray foam. I even picked up a few things from the back yard to put into the recycle bin. Clean the shed ? Not a chance. But I did make the five gallon bucket mouse/rat trap. Only no water in the bucket and I'm hoping to harass some squirrels .