Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Announcements / New Members From CRVL
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 25, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
If anyone from Cheap RV Living aka http://www.cheaprvliving.com chooses to join here please send me a PM over there and let me know what name or email you registered with here.  I need to know so I don't accidentally delete your registration with the spammers.  Thanks!
DIY It! / Re: Rats! Mice! Bugs!!!
« Last post by tired old man on April 20, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »
Looks like the Zombie rat's little brother showed up this morning. His death was quick. Like I said I need to climb under the house again.
General Discussion / Re: The indigenous Americans. European?
« Last post by forumjunky on April 18, 2017, 05:06:49 AM »
Same bullshit different excuse.  While there is no doubt that early white people came here before the BS story of no one existed here until Columbus showed up it's the same damned nonsense.  Those of the Caucasian persuasion that are addicted to the immigration story are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that not every Indian nation migrated here.  It's just like the belief that the earliest people came from Africa, and somehow they were all white until black people magically took over the continent until Apartheid.

Funny that they can explain away the western and eastern seaboards and yet mysteriously they have no "cool story bro" for how the Plains Nations got there.  Or how we were using tools and trade routes long before any pale face showed up here. 

Yep, let's continue to perpetuate the myth that people of color were stupid and only white people could teach them how to use tools.

Sorry FJ.  Nothing against you but this kind of European historical superiority while ignoring our tribal histories really chaps my ass.  It's just another in a long line of attempts to rewrite our history and make us less significant.

READ your post, you make reference to WHITE people, and color, as well as me perpetuating a myth that only WHITE people could teach people to make tools. DO you see how one sided your statement is, even down right racist on your part, and that crap about European superiority !!!   and attempts rewrite history !!!  READ what kind of people existed 20000 years ago, there wasn't any distinct race origines, ( ie...white or people of color) it was two migrations from the south, one going east and one going west following the glacial edge that was in southern europe and Asia, and most retaining their Neanderthal origins !!  the absolute earliest mark of so called modern man is the cave art in the south of France, some 25000 year.   People had no distinctive color nor race formations, they were of the same root genetically.    No doubt your people of "color" crossed the land bridge some 14000 years ago, nobody questions that fact, likewise that people ( color optional)  migrated the northern arctic as well, thus the Sami and Greenland groups..... these people moved along the open sea... and hunted game westward... the same people that went east.....your people.   

What pissed me off most here, is your hot headed jump the gun attitude, giving me "0" credit for understanding, get it?
News and World Events / North Korea
« Last post by tired old man on April 16, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »
I remember people saying an attack on Iraq would be the end of the world. Thirty plus years later that war is still being fought. Even at the age of seven I can remember my Fathers concern over the Cuban missile thing. This could be the last war man fights.....
Saddam had his ass handed to him in the first gulf war. The second war cost him his life. He didn't have nukes. Now it is starting to seem as if we might attack a Country with nukes. I use to hope "MAD" would keep the world safe from a Nuclear war.
I'm not saying who is right or wrong. Each side calls the other a madman. This could lead to the first ( Last ?) Nuclear War. I see it as being the first. I also see the end of Korea.
Both sides have drawn a line in the sand. For years one side has always backed down. Mutual Assured Destruction is not in play here. A Nuclear war will happen sometime in the future........
DIY It! / Re: Rats! Mice! Bugs!!!
« Last post by tired old man on April 15, 2017, 10:37:01 AM »
Damn that would suck if it's rodents!  You've been putting in a good amount of work already!

Like I said to many openings in this old house. But I have slowed them down.

The Zombie RAT!
To kill a Zombie you need a head shot. Shot them in the arm or leg and they just walk in a circle. This morning I found a rat in my house. First one in a little while.  I saw it hiding behind a chair. Broom in hard and ready to attack I moved the chair. WTF! It is a Zombie Rat. All it could do was run in a circle. My guess is the trap broke its spine. This Zombie is no longer walking.
I really need to get back under the house and close a few more openings......
My Mobile Blog / Re: 1992 E350 aka Money Pit
« Last post by tired old man on April 13, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
Fixing a leak should be no problem. You just have to find it first. Lets hope someone just left a door open last time it rained.
The van looks like it have plenty of room. Should make a nice camper.
General Discussion / Re: Weekends
« Last post by tired old man on April 13, 2017, 02:58:29 PM »
I listen to a local ham club on a repeater about five mile from me. The repeater is good for about 50 miles on vhf. I'll have to wait until I have my license to test my range using my 4 watt hand held. I don't see myself joining any club. But I'll be asking questions once I can get on the air.
News / Post Editing Time Limit Implemented
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 12, 2017, 03:24:14 PM »
Unfortunately I've had to implement a time limit for editing posts.  This is to prevent the decimation of threads where someone will edit their posts taking out enough content that it destroys the flow of conversation of a thread.

The time limit is 15 minutes.  However this is NOT cast in stone.  If you find a glaring error after the time limit or maybe you decide later that what you posted was TMI then please contact me privately regarding edits you'd like made.
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 12, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
The carpet was soaked the day I went and looked at it.  It's dried up considerable since then but no matter.  It's coming out anyway.  I've got it all bagged up now and ready for the dump.  I went to check on it this morning to see how wet things were after a night of rain and wind and it was dry.  Go figure.  It's not giving up it's secrets that easily!

I'll get the after demo pic up later.  The seats were already removed when I bought it.  YAY!
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 12, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »
If it looks a bit wrinkly there on the passenger side that's because it and another object met at some point.  The barn door hinges are bent and the top corners of the doors meet when closed.  I'm sure water is getting in up there as they don't seal up tight but I haven't actually seen evidence yet.  I'm not in a hurry to find out although so far no rain has gotten in and it was pretty windy last night.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10