Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
DIY It! / Re: Rats! Mice! Bugs!!!
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on May 26, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
My cat is just like that!  How's the zap traps working?
General Discussion / Re: Weekends
« Last post by tired old man on May 17, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
It took me some time to figure out how to program the radio using my computer. But I got it. Using the repeater I get a easy 50 mile range on 5 to 10 watts. So far so good.
« Last post by tired old man on May 11, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
Two weeks to the day. I finally have a FCC cal sign. Some people might get this, I'm poison.  KN4DDT. Now I get to test the range.
General Discussion / Re: The indigenous Americans. European?
« Last post by forumjunky on April 29, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
Right...The Pleistocene Epoch is typically defined as the time period that began about 1.8 million years ago and lasted until about 11,700 years ago. The most recent Ice Age occurred then, as glaciers covered the northern hemisphere for 100,000 years , making human migration above the 32 latitude a no no... but you will probably call that junk science as well.
« Last post by tired old man on April 27, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
I took the ham radio license today and passed it. I know of four questions I had to guess at. But all they tell you is if you passed or failed. Not how many questions you got right or wrong. I would have liked to know how I did.
Now I have to wait from a few days to a couple of weeks. Once my call numbers are posted on the FCC website,I'll be legal to talk.
« Last post by tired old man on April 26, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
My cat won't eat anything unless it smells like fish. Not even Bacon ! Dumb cat...lol
My Mobile Blog / Re: 1992 E350 aka Money Pit
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 25, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »
Found the leaks and most of them are from non-opening windows.  I'll post more later on this with pics.  I've been busy!
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 25, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »
Zombie rat, lol!  Hopefully they aren't after brains!  What is your cat doing, enjoying the show?
General Discussion / Re: The indigenous Americans. European?
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 25, 2017, 12:56:08 PM »
Great.  Just great.  More junk science.  Sorry I missed the insults here.

That land bridge theory is a MYTH and Mohawk winter counts(among others) predate that MYTH! Warrior for our people Professor Vine De Loria Jr's book "Red Earth, White Lies" has a very good chapter about the land bridge theory among other things that dominant culture uses to minimize our existence.  Don't blame me for the title but you can't touch anthropology let alone Indian anthro without knowing this guy because his earlier critiques changed the field.  "Metaphysics of Modern Existence" and "God is Red" are also good reads.

"At the Ceno-Catastrophism convention in Portland a year ago, Deloria said that he had been researching a major project, a compendium of Indian oral traditions and folklore. He said that for many years, he had been out speaking with nearly every chief, shaman, medicine man, storyteller, and keeper of oral traditions of nearly every tribe in North America. He noted the extent to which virtually every one of these tribes retained descriptions of pliestocene megafauna and, more often than not, dinosaurs. If any of that is true, than much of what scientists think they know about the history of our Earth is certainly wrong." Ted Holden, The Emerging Science of Catastropism.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/opinions/more-reasons-to-doubt-the-bering-strait-migration-theory/

Remember all that talk about facets of climate change being a "religion"?  Well anthros aren't immune from it either:

Bering Strait Theory, Pt. 3: The Theory Becomes a Religious Crusade

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/indigenous-peoples/bering-strait-theory-pt-3-the-theory-becomes-a-religious-crusade/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ice-free-corridor-north-americans-1.3715397

Maybe some of you don't question that land bridge BS but many others do, especially Indians that have an active interest in our history.  Oh I most certainly "get it" but don't get mad at me that I won't accept our real history being forced to take a back seat to myths.  >:(
News and World Events / Re: North Korea
« Last post by MeBeAdmin on April 25, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
NK is able to get away with the chest thumping because their neighbors to the north are reluctant to step in, even though China has stated often enough that they didn't like the threats coming from NK.  Until China poses a real threat to NK, Un is going to keep mouthing off.  He's been flippant to us because of distance.  With todays surveillance anyone from anywhere can see whatever is going on.  However, with as much military might as China has and with as quickly as they can move it in, NK isn't going to fuck with a viable threat from them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10